Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Balancing Act

As women, we tend to wear many titles: friend, sister, daughter, wife, mother, executive, etc. Never once have I had someone sit me down and ask, how do you manage to balance it all? Honestly, I have no idea!

Take for example today, my day has been some kind of crazy and its going to get worse. I have managed to put in a 9 hour day at work, only to pick up my son from school, get him a snack and then head off to view 3 homes for a girlfriend who is moving back to Atlanta from CapeTown, South Africa. In between all of that, my son has to do homework, practice his reading, take a bath, eat dinner and spend some quality time with my husband and I. Obviously we won't get home until late but my day still doesn't end there...

I have 3 websites to finish designing, 2 sets of business cards to design, another blog to setup (more on that later) and a workout to complete.

0_0 Can I get a clone?

I'll be the first to admit that I sometimes to volunteer and offer to do things without thinking about the 80 million other things I have going on. Sometimes I can't help it; if there is someone in need, I'm first to pitch in and help. But today, a colleague had to "gut check me". She said that if I am trying to accomplish a certain goal, I need to make sure I am allowing myself to be an a place and mindset where I am open and ready to accept it. Hmmm....

That statement resonated with me in more ways than one and I am still letting it sink in.

Are you allowing yourself to be open and accepting to what's in store for you? Or, are you blocking your own blessings?

No comments:

Post a Comment