Tuesday, June 24, 2014

9 weeks

I am at the end of my 9th week and feeling fine. I went in for my first appointment this week and boy do I have a story to tell about that!

How I'm feeling:
Nauseous, tired and bloated.

What I'm craving:
Spicy foods (particularly Indian) and fruit of any kind

How I'm sleeping:
As soon as my eyes close, I'm out!

Thoughts:
I had my first appointment this week and boy what an appointment it was. I was pretty anxious and antsy the entire day because I was so ready to see this little bean and just know that everything ok. Hubby found out that someone at work had leave early so he was stuck there and couldn't be with me. He was pretty pissed about it but I told that was ok. I'm not going to lie and say that my feelings weren't hurt because they were but I know he felt horrible as is so I didn't want to add to it.

Anyway, my midwife (the same one I had with my son) and I met to do my examination. She started out with the ultrasound before we got into the other stuff. While doing a vaginal ultrasound, she grew quiet and said that she couldn't find the baby or the sac. Of course my heart dropped by I remained optimistic. She tried abdominally with no luck that way either. So here I am on the exam table and this woman is telling me that we don't know what's going on but she wants to run more tests.

Long story short, I was sent to radiology and they did a formal ultrasound where the technician remained quiet the ENTIRE time no matter how much I kept trying to engage her. After 20 minutes of moving this wand around in me, she showed me this:



So yes, everything is ok and the baby is doing well. It has a very strong heartbeat and I couldn't be happier. I was so emotionally tore up during the wait and the exam; I couldn't even call my husband and tell him what was going on because I knew he would freak out. Needless to say our little bean is doing great and is scheduled to make an appearance on December 25th! Look at God!

No comments:

Post a Comment