Monday, June 2, 2014

One Year Anniversary

It's our one year anniversary! I can't believe it's been a year since I experienced the second most wonderful day of my life (my first was the day my son was born). I have pictures to share but let me tell you what we did first.

Hubby and I are avid music lovers, particularly live music. Initially we had plans for a tropical romantic getaway for our anniversary but we are such non-traditionalists in some aspects that we said screw it and flew up to Philadelphia for The Roots music festival. OMG Amazing! Janelle Monae! Snoop Dogg! Dougie Fresh! Biz Markie! The Roots! It was literally all the people we love as musicians backed by the world's last real band. We had a blast.  For 3 days we barhopped, partied and ate our way through Philly. The city was so amazing that we want to go back and take the little guy with us.

Our actual anniversary was a little bit more mellow. We lounged, we went to the movies, we ate, we shopped and just spent time together. We aren't big showy people so we preferred to do the low-key thing and spend the day with each other. I actually wasn't feeling too well that (all the Philly fun wore me out) so dinner was picked up and enjoyed at home. Before bed we cut the top tier of our cake, said I love you and ate away.

A whole year later...wow. It has been amazing, trying, eye-opening year but I wouldn't change it for the world. I love that man like no other and know that he feels the same way about me. We haven't exchanged gifts yet (we'll do that this weekend) but I did give him an early anniversary gift so I'll give him the actual next week. Anyway, happy anniversary to us!

To my love,
One year later and I still like you, despite the fact that I break up with you once a week because you leave the sink full of dishes. But I never have to ask you for anything, you make me laugh, you rub my feet when you know I need it, you pick up my favorite things without me asking and you love to cuddle just because. You don't even mind me playing with your ears in my sleep. I couldn't have asked for a better friend, husband and love. Who would have known that day I saw you sitting at lunch by yourself and introduced myself that I would be your wife? I knew! haha! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment