Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Body After Baby

IMAGE
I am 6 weeks post delivery and I am ready to get back in the workout saddle. Just before I found out I was pregnant, I signed up for Weight Watchers. I was fully committed to losing 30 pounds and making fitness my focus before pregnancy. Well, I found Baby #2 was on the way and that pretty much put dieting on hold.

I gained about 17 total pounds with my pregnancy and lost most of it after delivery. Y'all, I was literally all baby. The weight fell off with the exception of 5 pounds. So couple my prior *ahem* few pounds that I never lost from my first pregnancy and tack on 5 pounds...yeah. See how the numbers add up?

Well, not anymore. I am ready to lose 30 pounds and keep it moving. Seriously. I really want to get back into running but with a repeat c-section, getting back into the workout routine is going to take some time. Last night I completed my first workout and it left me a little breathless and achy but I felt encouraged. I realize that I carried a baby for a 8 months and that I need to give myself that long to lose the weight.

I'm not going to put myself on some crazy strict diet where all I can eat is lettuce and drink water. Instead, I am going to focus on portion control, being active as much as possible (hard to do with breastfeeding and a newborn) and cutting myself some slack. Since we are planning for baby #3 in a year, I want to make sure I am physically fit.

Wish me luck and stay tuned for my progress.

1 comment:

  1. At least you were all baby.
    BFF gained 60 lbs with first baby. Once she lost the weight (took 2 years), she got pregnant again and gained 70lbs with 2nd baby. She lost it but it was Hell. Good luck and be patient with yourself.

    ReplyDelete