Friday, January 9, 2015

Back to Reality...

So, I have about a week and a half left in my maternity leave before its back to reality. These 3 months have flown by at lightening speed and I'm not ready to go back. Pregnancy complications, a week in the hospital, an emergency c-section, a painful but fairly short recovering and readjusting to having a newborn in the house - yeah, its been quite a lively 12 weeks around here. But you know what, I wouldn't change it for anything.

I have a happy, healthy family that now includes a bouncing almost-9-week old little boy. I'm blessed beyond measure.

One thing being home on maternity has made me realize is just how much I enjoy being a full-time stay at home mom. Granted, I still worked my online teaching job while home but besides that, I truly enjoyed it. I was able to stay home for 10 weeks with my first son and this time I was able to stay home for 12 weeks. Since we planning on baby #2, I would like to take a full year off of work, but that's a story for another day...

As much as I'm going to miss being home every day and shopping online for hours on end, we have bills to pay that won't pay themselves so back to work I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment