Friday, January 9, 2015

Unboxing an iMac

If you follow me on instagram, you know that my wonderful, sweet husband surprised me with not only a Macbook Air but an iMac for Christmas. I mean, this man literally left me speechless for the first time in my overly articulate life (thanks Miranda). Anyway, according to him, the Apple junkie, unboxing an Apple device is an "experience" and I made sure I captured every step of it. 

I have to give it to Apple, they are gangsta when it comes to their products. I will NEVER get an iPhone but I do love their other stuff lets get started...

This was my desktop PC. I had 32 inch monitor on my desk. Nevermind the nakedness of the desk; I cleared everything off just to step up the iMac.

The box was big. Not overly big but big. I suppose it would be to hold the monitor/cpu. Don't be fooled though: Apple does not include anything but the necessities in the box. You'll see what I mean in a second.


This is the entire system, still packaged, standing up. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Apple keeps it simple and clean. I love it!


To remove, you simply slide the top piece of foam up.


Next, you remove the bottom but separating the two pieces. How freaking easy is that? Keep in mind, the monitor is just standing there chilling. 


Don't toss those foam pieces though. Your keyboard, power cord and mouse are in there.


Ah, finally, all foam is removed and the monitor stands alone waiting to be unwrapped.


I put the foam back in just to give you an idea of how simple yet effective the packaging is. 3 freaking pieces of foam. Amazing.


On the back of the monitor/cpu is an adhesive tape to cover up the circle that your power cord goes through. You can peel that off easily and toss it away.


Let's unwrap this baby. The covering, which I thought was tissue paper, was actually some sort of felt  It was SOOOO soft and easy to peel apart. 


It too came in two pieces so remove the first cover and then the second.


All felt removed and now the clear plastic remains. Again, don't be fooled by the picture. Its a very gentle, yet strong plastic covering over the moving. Remove that and bask monitor glory.


So I spent 10 minutes looking for the CPU before my sweet husband, who was recording the whole thing, explained that there isn't one and that the USB plugs are on the back. MINDBLOWING!!!!! You have a slot for (starting left to right): headphones, an SD card, 4 USB slots, a lightbolt, a ethernet and some other one. Y'all its gangsta!


So, I finally got around to pulling out the keyboard for this sucker. Its super lightweight in the box. Of course, its packaged simple and easy. 


Both the keyboard and mouse are in the sample box so just slide the whole tray out. And don't worry about batteries: Apple hooks you up.


Look that simple and wonder keyboard. 


Even the mouse comes in its own little felt wrapping. I mean, it doesn't get any cuter than this!


Here they are! Setup and ready to get this show on the road.


There was also a box that included a screen cleaner and a some stickers. 


Since I was first timer, I had to ask Hubby, "How do you turn this freaking thing on?" Don't worry, the power button is located on the back of the screen. Be sure to hit the power button on the side of the keyboard and the bottom of the mouse. They will connect to each other on their own. Gangsta!


And here she is! All unpacked and ready for me to create magic on. 


It took us 3 hours (!!!) to set her up and for Hubby to give me a crash course. I couldn't be happier. I'm in complete love with this baby and can't wait to put her to work! Actually, I have been putting her to work and plan on getting it in even more as I get familiar with the system.

Hubby was right about this being an "experience". Who knew!

No comments:

Post a Comment