Thursday, April 17, 2014

Be Still

Have you ever woke and had one of those days when things feel...strange? Not strange bad, but strange like something is going to happen?

I have days like this occassionally and it has taken me a long time to realize that this strangeness I feel is not anything of my doing, but something of a higher power. I understand that some people aren't religious but my relationship with God is strong so I'm going to speak on that for a moment.
SOURCE

When the Holy Spirit is speaking to me, it isn't in the form of a "burning bush" or "some overjoyous moment"'; no, it is a very subtle "strange" feeling I get. It's a stillness that is placed on me. When this happens, I tend to withdraw and wait on the Lord.

My office door remains open all the time but on the days that "the stillness" has come over me, my door is closed and rarely opened. It's in these moments that I know God is trying to tell me to "be still and listen"; listen to what He is trying to tell me.

This morning that "stillness" came over me.

Here I was happily driving to work and about halfway there, I felt it. It was like a warm blanket being pulled over me. I knew instantly what I was supposed to be doing. I came into the office and closed my door. My coworker across the hall (a wonderful older gentleman named Rick) asked if I was ok because he could sense some stress on my Spirit. I told him that I was fine but I needed to "be still". He said, "Angel, that is wisdom that only comes with time and that is wonderful." (sidenote: he calls me 'Angel' LOL)

Anyway, today is the day I am going to "be still". I know there is a message I meant to receive and He will get it to me; He always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment