Monday, August 18, 2014

22 weeks pregnant


How I'm feeling:
Like my ol' self again!

What I'm craving:
Not real cravings but my appetite has definitely increased. All that concern about wanting nothing but fruit is out of the window. I'm pretty eating anything these days but making sure I opt for healthy choices with the occasional indulgence.

How I'm sleeping:
I've finally found the perfect ratio of pillows and positioning in bed to get a solid night's sleep. Bless my poor husband's heart for doing whatever it takes.

Thoughts:
22 weeks. Almost 6 months. Things are progressing great.  The results from the full anatomy scan are back and everything is normal. Whew! Not that I was worried but you know, there is always an inkling that something may be wrong. This morning I stopped by the lab to do my quad screening, which is a maternal blood test that looks for different markers with the hormones your body is producing. It's not a required test since I'm not considered advanced maternal age (35 and above) but it is nice to do just because. I should have my results by the time of my next appointment next week at 23 weeks.

Other than that, things are fine. There is a definite uptick my appetite these days. I could eat all day but I remind myself to at least try to make healthier choices with the occasional indulgence. As I'm typing this, I'm stuffed from a lunch of two small spring rolls, chicken larb (basically minced chicken with raw cabbage leaves that you roll it up in) and some basil chicken. The basil chicken was my late snack since I didn't eat breakfast this morning. Honestly, I just want to go home and sleep for about two hours.

The baby is doing lots of kicking and moving these days and they are certainly stronger. I believe he/she is positioned with the head at the top and the feet below towards my uterus because I feel tons of movement there. In the last ultrasound he/she was facing my back. I finally decided on a date for my baby shower and it will be on November 8 at 3pm. It's going to be busy day because my son's last soccer game and closing ceremony is that day. Good thing for me I don't have to do anything but show up for this shower :)

No comments:

Post a Comment