Thursday, August 28, 2014

Product Review: Snoggle Body Pillow


One of the things I have struggled with during my pregnancy has been insomnia and comfortable positioning while sleeping. During the first trimester, sleep was a breeze because that’s all I could stand to do as this little person began to form. As I moved into my second trimester and my belly began to expand, it was apparent that my days of being a stomach-sleeper were coming to end.

Night after fitful night, I would rotate from side to side unable to get comfortable. Even while propped up on 8 pillows while my poor husband suffered with only 2
, I still could not rest comfortably. With several more months to go, a resolution did not seem near. However, my husband being the awesome person that he is, surprised me with a Snoggle body pillow.
photo by me



I’ve seen this pillow every time I’ve visited Babies R Us and vowed to get one but I just couldn’t bring myself to spend the money on it. Well, I guess my husband got tired of my restless nights and purchased one for me that changed my life. Not only do I now  sleep through the night but my body feels great. Goodbye sore hips and stiff arms!

It is essentially a body pillow with a curve. You can curl around it or it can curl around you. Need a pillow between your knees to keep everything aligned? No problem. The Snoggle fits easily between the knees without becoming detached at night. I also love the inner lining cover provides you with multiple positions and ways to use your Snoggle. How cool is that? 

I've pretty much tried each position and my favorites are the back-to-back, the swirl around and belly basics. I've each used the swirl while lounging in bed reading and it's fantastic. Let me run you down a list of a few other things I like about this pillow:

Likes:

  • Machine-washable and easy to remove covering
  • Breathable material; I didn't feel hot sleeping on it
  • Stiff and flexible like a regular pillow
  • Great support
  • No weird plastic smell
  • Organic
Dislikes
  • It takes up a lot of space in the bed but the sleep is worth it
  • It only comes in white and brown
  • Pricey; retails for about 59.99 or higher depending on the store
Ladies, trust me when I say this pillow is totally worth the investment pre and post pregnancy. I have friends who swear by and it continue it use it to this day despite not being pregnant. I still have 3 more months to go and I've told my husband to make sure he brings this pillow to the hospital on delivery day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment