Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Weekend in Review


It’s been a whirlwind of a week but in a great way. Let’s start from the beginning


Friday

I went into work for a few hours only to leave shortly after arriving to have a pizza party for my little guy’s birthday to kick off.  It went really well. Spiderman showed (and freaked out several of the kids) but it was good. We left there and headed out to run some last minute errands for his party that was taking place the next day. My in-laws also arrived early that afternoon and spent the day at their hotel resting. I managed to get the last of the things for the party before getting busy with everything else. Luckily we were able to do what we needed to do.

Saturday

The party was a success! We had about 16 kids show up in total and tons of family. I was glad they were all there. The food was good and so was the company. I highly recommend Dave and Busters if you need a place to have a birthday party. It’s going to cost a pretty penny (I cringe thinking about how much money we spent) but it was worth the convenience and the perks. We hung around there for a few hours before we left to meet up with family back at my house and the celebration continued until 11pm.


Sunday

The family (my parents and his) came back over and we had a morning celebration. The kids played the adults hung out. It was just good all around. Our parents are the best of the friends and let me tell you, it makes things GREAT! Shortly after my in-laws hit the road, my dad and husband went to the movies while my mom and  I took my son to Toys R Us/Babies R Us so he could get another gift with his birthday money and I could finish my baby registry. Later that afternoon, we all met back up for lunch and then went out to look at a couple of model homes (more on this later). Finally, we ended our day at my cousin’s city tennis championship (which he won!) and made it home late that night.

Monday

Monday was Baby Boy’s actual birthday and he had an entire list of things to do. First up was a birthday breakfast of pizza and bacon (don’t judge me; he asked for it) then we headed out to the movies. After the movies he wanted to go to Party City and the bookstore so we took him there. Finally, we picked up some lunch and went home to rest (really I needed a nap) before heading back out to Monkey Joe’s where the family met us to continue the celebration. My mom wanted to cook him a birthday dinner we had a cookout at my parent’s house and rolled into the bed about 11:30 that night.
 
All in all, it was a perfect weekend. My baby told me it was the best birthday ever and he couldn’t wait for his Transformers birthday party the next day ::pause:: Now that we’ve made it through this his birthday, its time to start getting things ready for Baby #2’s arrival in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment