Monday, July 14, 2014

Pregnancy in your 20s vs. 30s

I was 27 when I gave birth to my son and I am now 33 pregnant with my second child. Let me give it to you straight: pregnancy in your 30s is completely different from pregnancy in your 20s. Let's discuss...

via Google Images

Pregnancy in my 20s...
  • Slow to hardly any weight gain
  • Glowing skin
  • Cute baby bump
  • Stylish clothes
  • No morning sickness
  • Fatigue disappeared during the first trimester
  • Physically active
  • Manageable cravings
  • No issues

Pregnancy in my 30s...
  • Overwhelming fatigue!
  • Non-stop morning sickness (I'm almost 20 weeks and still battle this)
  • Adult acne (Proactiv has helped me clear it up)
  • A baby slump (stomach  + bump = slump). Not quite round but not quite fat. Just...there...
  • Cravings of nothing but fruit and fresh veggies
  • Frumpy clothing because fatigue makes you not care about how you look
  • I have had first trimester bleeding, a possible yeast infection (TMI!), diarrhea, and facial hair and crazy mood swings

Don't get me wrong, I am over the moon about this pregnancy and still plan to go for #3 but geez Louise is this pregnancy rough on my body. Despite all of the changes and craziness my body is undergoing, I am embracing and loving every moment of this pregnancy. Between hubby rubbing my belly during the night and my son talking to my belly, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment